Monday, August 29, 2011

You'd Never Know


You'd Never Know

You'd never know that she had surgery a week ago.


You'd never know that she tore two ligaments in her knee.


You'd never know that she has an L shaped plate holding her broken bones together.


You'd never know that the six screws allow her to be bionic.



Why?


Because she smiles like she's the happiest she's ever been.


Because she still snaps at her siblings.


Because she flexes her joints like it's a natural part of her being.


Because she moves with the swiftness of an athlete.



Giveaways...


The patches from the IVs.


The shaved patch from her epidural.


The slight limp after a short stint in the yard.


The shaved leg with the furry paw.



This is my husky-doodle...and I'm so happy she's healing quickly.

Notice the furry tip of her shaved leg...my husky-doodle

Happy as can be with her furry brother.


9 comments:

  1. Poor Sasha, I am glad she is healing. I love the structure of you poem. This would be great for an inferring lesson. Keep the healing happening!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing resilience! I'm so happy she's okay, and you're even writing a poem about it. What a time you have had. I like the way you started each stanza-great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love repetition in a poem...it refocuses the reader...I also love that this could have been about a human but instead was about man's or woman's best friend:) Hope she quickly heals...we have a yellow lab who had an operation in June. It is wonderful to see them bounce back and be themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, what a sweetheart and a brave soul she is.
    Your poem's structure is beautiful. It drew me in right away.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you included pictures! I hope she bounces back quickly also. Our furry family members are important too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad to hear that Sasha is on the road to a quick recovery! Give her all our love!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the way you structured your poem. Also, love the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I started reading your poem without really clicking in that it was about Sasha. I wish our human companions would smile and get back to life with as much resiliency as your furry companion. Smiling is a great start.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad to hear that the surgery went well and your dog is healing. I like your choice of structure. It made me slow down and think along.
    Terje

    ReplyDelete