Friday, March 23, 2012

It's That Time Again

It's that time again....

Time for assessments to be filed
Standard check sheets to be filled out
Examples to support grades
Pesky report cards
Test Prep packets
Tutor suggestions
Reading level continuum's
Math fact flashcards/Xtramath.com encouragement
Behavior talk
Neatly packed folders with perfectly printed names

It's that time again....

To watch parents faces light up with encouraging words
To show art and the connections that are being made
To talk about upcoming projects and opportunities for growth and improvement
To reflect on goals and make new ones

It's that time again...

To take a deep breathe and rejuvenate before another trimester
To reflect and make changes
To catch up on the TBR pile that is quickly crawling up my wall
To take care of those home improvements that can't be done in just one weekend.
To clear the clutter and start fresh
To get rid of the bags that are beginning to form under my eyes
To get healthy and hopefully get some vitamin D


It's Spring, which means conferences, fresh starts, home projects, rejuvenation, and hopefully warmer weather. I can't wait!

8 comments:

  1. Whew! I'm tired just thinking about it! (Oh, wait. Maybe it is because it is after midnight.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you get some rest. You have worked very hard to achieve success.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love conference time and your line, "To watch parents faces light up with encouraging words" really captures it. I so appreciate that time to reflect on each student and have that dialogue with parents. What a great way to launch into spring break. We're on break too - enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elizabeth, my spring conferences include the kids. They conduct the first fifteen minutes and I do the second fifteen minutes. I agree with you, the workload seems to pile high this time of year but then there is such a cleansing feeling when it is all over! The tasks loom but the outcome is joyful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You writing is very active and positive - in contrast to all the grumbling I have been hearing from our teachers about this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rejuvenate is one of my favorite words...I'm glad it's a hope for Spring.
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  7. "To get rid of the bags that are beginning to form under my eyes" Can relate to that one all too well this week. Wishing you rest and rejuvenation.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The most positive attitude I have heard for a busy spring time. We (well the students mostly) are putting together portfolios and then we will have student-led conferences on the 3rd of April. I wish there would be a moment to relax and breathe then, but we have MAP during the last week of April, and then we have an accreditation team coming in, and then report cards. I just have to remember to breathe whenever I can, and collect all the little successes and celebrate them.
    Wishing you energy and joy,
    Terje

    ReplyDelete