Monday, March 4, 2013

Apprehensive

 

I have 3 children and each of them is unique and special in there own way. I love them more than words can say. I have watched as my boys have grown older and started to discover who they are. My oldest son T has probably been the most enjoyable. T has gone from having my undivided time and love all to himself, to having to share me with his brother and now a sister too. He is tender hearted, sensitive, and smart. He also analyzes situations before talking about them.

T didn't seem to care much that we were going to have a baby. He had already done the big brother anticipating thing. He loves his little brother and constantly tells me how he is his best friend. However, you could tell that he was curious to see how his life would change when another family member arrived.

After having baby A, my husband left the hospital to pick up the boys. I couldn't wait to finally share the baby with them. We have all waited 9 months for her arrival. J quickly came over and rubbed on Baby A. T hesitantly came over to look at her, said hi, and then asked why I had tubes coming out of my arm. My little man was more worried about me than seeing his baby sister. So very typical of my T. He then ventured over to the couch and kept to himself.

We were in the hospital for 3 nights and it took its toll on T. He couldn't wait to have me home.

"Mom, can you still play with us?", was one of the first things out of his mouth.

"Of course I can sweetie. Mama's just a little sore and tired right now. It may take me a couple days to get back to normal but I'm still here for you.", I quickly reassured him.

I quickly knew that I was going to have to make a conscious effort to make time for each of my children, T in particular. As the days have gone on, I've sat back and watched to see how each of my boys interact with their sister. J is right in her face, ready to play and constantly wanting to stroke her cheek. T has always watched from afar until yesterday.

While I was getting my shoes on to go outside, I watched as T meandered over to the couch where A was sleeping. He carefully inched closer....reached his arm out...and stroked her on the cheek. She let out her usually peep sound and cracked open an eye. I could see a smirk start to appear on T's face. He leaned in a little closer and gave her a peck on the forehead. My heart swelled. My boy knew that she wasn't a threat to him...it was time to gain another best friend.

2 comments:

  1. The relationships between siblings will grow and change. I am pretty sure that your youngest will grow as a princess (in a very positive sense) protected and loved by her brothers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, so sweet! Love your word photograph, and also the camera photo!

    ReplyDelete