Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Distractions

I tend to have rose colored glasses on a lot. I figured that having a newborn would give me plenty of time to compose crafty pieces, comment on blogger's posts, catch up on my Twitter feeds,  and devour my ever growing To Be Read pile. Yeah, who was I kidding? It is not working out that way.

I would love to say that I'm being productive but the truth is that my life revolves around a 4 week old. She is a sweet, cuddly, and easy going baby most of the time. The other part of the time is spent DEMANDING time with her mama. I am flattered that she wants my time and attention but a moment to hear my brain think would be nice.

In the meantime, my pieces will be short and sweet. Next year I will have more flair and creativity. I will comment on bloggers posts the best I can and will make up for my lack of sharing the wealth next year. I will read my fellow bloggers and Twitter friends when little eyes are resting and when the cat finds my lap before I can get to a book. I will read whenever I can and hopefully put a dent in my pile. The good thing about books is that they are always there waiting for you to return when the moment is available. Until that time, I'll let my little one distract me as much as she'd like...the days are numbered so I should enjoy the slow pace while I can. 

1 comment:

  1. Cherish each moment with your newborn. It's the best distraction in the world. Books and comments and Twitter can wait!

    ReplyDelete