Monday, March 11, 2013

Moo!

     © 2006 Jordan Fischer , Flickr
It has been awhile since I've had a baby in the house. I forgot how much time you spending feeding babies. I am a "feed on demand" mom and it takes a lot of time out of my day.

Last night, I was feeding baby A when it was time to tuck the boys in. I am the one who gets to read the bedtime stories and snug the boys in before we call Dad to join us. Well, I was disposed of at the moment so Daddy got to tuck the boys in first.

My husband sauntered downstairs after tucking the boys in, with another smirk on his face.

"J asked where mama was.", he began to explain.

I tilted my head to the side, waiting for the rest of the story.

"T said that A was milking mommy.", he finished with a smile.

We both giggled for a moment, taking in the reality of the situation. It was as true a statement as any. I am now a portable milk machine and my son is well aware of it.

What's a mom to do?

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness Elizabeth I read the synopsis of your post and I know all too well what it's like ... at least you can see the humour in it!!! Congratulations on the baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh. Man. Being a mother has got to be the hardest job in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember those days, Elizabeth. I think it's kind of perfect how sometimes you have to switch up the routines - Daddy gets to . . . . and Mommy gets to . . . Enjoy your time with A and the boys.

    ReplyDelete