Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Spring in WA

 
Today was a typical Spring day in Washington.
 
I groggily woke up around 5:40 to the grunting sound of my 3 week old. I peeled off the warm blanket and was assaulted by cool air. My eyes quickly darted to the window. Cloudless sky, a beautifully painted sunrise, and a lawn kissed with frost. It was going to be a chilly morning. We went through our typical morning routine and made sure that we bundled up before heading out to school.
 
In another hour or two, the sun was out and warming us from inside the building. My eyes scanned the skyline and settled on the snow covered mountain view. I never get tired of that site.
 
Fast forward another hour or two, the trees are dancing outside my window. They sway to and fro and look like they may break at the waist. Sasha, my dog, squints her eyes as she heads outside...her fur standing on end and dancing along with the trees.
 
Yes, another hour or two later, and you will find a steady beat of rain pounding on my deck. Nature's kisses...touching each and every new blossom that has opened up. I can't help but close my eyes and listen as the rain pounds out a rhythmn on my roof. Ratta tat tat!
 
An email came to my phone from  my son's baseball coach saying that practice may be canceled due to rain. In Washington, you never know...so I waited to see what would happen next.
 
The skies cleared, wind settled, and the sun began to shine. The warm sun shone through the windows once again. It was going to be a perfect day to play baseball. I'm so glad that coach decided to wait and see what our weather would bring.
 
A typical, indecisive Spring day in Washington. I am glad that I was able to watch it ebb and flow throughout the day.

2 comments:

  1. Love the phrase, "nature's kisses". Sounds like you had a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not only did you watch the ebb and flow, you also captured it with your carefully chosen words. Indecisive Spring - well summarized.

    ReplyDelete