Sunday, March 9, 2014

One Step at a Time (10/31)

Silence filled our home this afternoon. A gentle plinking sound could be heard by the front door. 

This is never a good sign when you have a waddler in the house. 

I looked at my husband who had a good view down the hallway. He shook his head from side to side...signaling that I needed to check it out.  I slowly slid my body out of its cozy nook in the couch and crept down the hallway. As I neared the front door, I saw a little grey and pink shoe. 

When I rounded the bend, I sucked in a breathe. My little girl had a guilty look in her eyes and a smile on her face. This is beginning to become a face that I dread and one I see too often lately. In one hand, she clenched her bink and the other gripped the stair. 

Our determined little girl has persistently been trying to climb up the stairs and today she finally got two feet on the first stair. I guess that our days of relaxing on the couch are long gone. 

She continues to take one step at time while exploring her world. 


3 comments:

  1. So cute...love that little grin. It must melt your heart when you see it. The steps are a place where nerves of steel are built. Good luck with the next steps of your journey. :) Baby gates are a good thing sometimes...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning,
    Oh, your daughter is so cute. Soon she will be exploring her world. We just taught me new body guard, a 12 week old puppy how to climb the stairs. Thankfully, she is still to scared to do down the stairs.
    I hope you have a fun day!
    All the best,
    xo
    Love Pooh

    ReplyDelete